Monday, April 13, 2020

Post Easter Post

Hi Everyone!
Recently, I don't know about you, but I've had a little free time at home. It's turned out to be a good thing, we've stayed safe, remembered how to cook and entertain ourselves, and most importantly there's been some modelling time in the garage!

It has been a case of something old appearing new again, namely a weekly post on the railway blog. Let's see how I go, after all this is the first.

There has been a bit of thinking time, time to re assess, time to rethink what I thoought was a good idea, and the best bit? Progress!


Here's a couple of photos to show the front three modules up on their legs. The diagonal in the second photo is to support the two separate leg frames, so that they are free standing. The idea behind this being that the layout can be set up by one person, however I hopefully won't need to do that. The bolts goes through the timber and lock into a t-nut in the rear of the diagonal. 

I've been working on the track plan to confirm that the plan was actually going to work, on the ply, as it were. So far so good. The centre module is mostly the goods area and  small town scene. The spacing between tracks, the curves, and working with the point geometry has been time consuming. I'm pretty sure that all will be well, nothing is glued down yet so it should be ok.
I went on to work on the centre module today, adding the front and rear scenery boards. If you look at the centre front, it's very low, the 'hollow', and at the rear on the left is the high point of the layout. It always feels a little more easy to see what you're creating when these go on I think.


That's all for this weekend, I'm hoping for some more time out there soon, next up is the backscenes, and their painting. The fun part, or at least the start. With starting this part of the layout at least I get to make use of the endless cloud photos I've been taking.

Enjoy your week, stay safe,
Get out there and enjoy your hobby!
Ooroo!
Geoff.



No comments:

Post a Comment